Polydactyl cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KURT67, Apr 25, 2024.

1. KURT67

KURT67 New Member

I just found out the I have a special kitty on my hand. Shes a polydactyl cat . She was very scared when I first got her the people that gave her to me didn't tell me anything about her. I got her home and pulled her out of her pet taxi I was pretty surprised when I saw she has no tail. I'm told cats like her are a rare bread . I've had her now for 2 years and she is always right by my side we. She's also very afraid of hights but we're still working on that.

KURT67, Apr 25, 2024
  2. KURT67

oliviagreen Member

If you have a polydactyl cat, it's important to keep an eye on their paws and nails to ensure they are healthy and properly trimmed.A polydactyl cat is a cat that has more toes than usual on one or more of its paws. Most cats have five toes on their front paws and four toes on their back paws. Polydactyl cats can have six or more toes on each paw, although the number of extra toes can vary. In general, polydactyl cats are healthy and the extra toes usually do not cause any problems. However, the extra toes may need to be monitored for signs of injury or ingrown nails.
    Wishing her a good life !

oliviagreen, May 7, 2024
Ask a Question