Self-Serve Cat Wash & Cat Cafe

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by laundrocat, Nov 13, 2014.

1. laundrocat

laundrocat New Member

Hello Cat Friends...

New here, so hope you don't mind me posting here in the classified section...

Laundrocat here, I'm conducting market research into a new business venture and would appreciate any feedback and input.

I'm trying to see if whether there is a market or need for a Self-Serve Cat Wash. Similarly to self-serve dog washes, you might see around town, the cat wash kiosks would cater only to cats and cat owners.

The facility would would comprise of indoor enclosed cat-washing kiosks where owners can manually easily operate water, shampoo and other conditioners needed to bathe their kitties. Several options for drying the cats will be available afterwards, such as vacuum, towel, hair dryer or kennel dry will be available.

I'm also incorporating an informal Cat Lounge/Cafe with the facilities, where patrons can play adoptable residential 'house' cats and chat with other enthusiasts over coffee and drinks. Patrons can also try our cat supplies, products and furniture for sale. Also thinking of cat boarding as an option.

I put together a simple survey poll, if you like to take 2-minutes filling this out, you are also welcome to visit my website: laundrocat.com and feel free to leave me a comment and I welcome any input.

Laundrocat-Kiosk1.png

Sincerely
    [​IMG]
    -Kevin

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    laundrocat, Nov 13, 2014
  2. laundrocat

MER Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd ever consider using a facility like you posted. Cats are clean by natural instinct. From my experience, cats avoid water except to drink. Now the boarding may be useful since I have been in the market for that service before.

MER, Oct 1, 2015
  3. laundrocat

RealDMat Well-Known Member

True--but, cats can get fleas quite often sometimes, and particularly if you live out in the country like me. Fleas can be a huge problem where I live. Kitties with fleas need washing. I'd even consider washing some of the strays I take care of... :p

I would add, though--I think this could quite possibly be better as a home product. I think as far as cats go, this would be best utilized as some sort of a flea bath product...because, as was mentioned, cats clean themselves on a regular basis...

RealDMat, Oct 25, 2015
  4. laundrocat

MER Well-Known Member

I live out in the county too. Probably our difference is is that my cats are in-door only. We do have an enclosed patio that they have access to in order to enjoy the sun and fresh air. Even though they are in-door cats, we still treat them with flea/tick etc drops once a month.

MER, Oct 26, 2015
  5. laundrocat

RealDMat Well-Known Member

Yep--mine, too. Fleas can be brought in to the home numerous ways--they will cling to humans and clothing as well...

RealDMat, Oct 27, 2015
Ask a Question