Article On Fundraising For Your Cat's Expensive Vet Bills

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

This is an article I read about a struggling college student who got $6,000 in debt because of her cat's expensive vet bills. Instead of giving up, she decided to accept the help that was offered to her by internet friends and even came up with fundraising ideas to help with the vet bills. She found that many animal lovers were willing to contribute and it's not selfish to try and save a sick animal. Sometimes you have to know when to ask for help instead of just giving up on the situation as hopeless. Here's the link to the article.:

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/how-to-raise-money-cat-huge-vet-bill

ACSAPA, Sep 17, 2012
  2. ACSAPA

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

That is a great idea! We had a lot of medical bills when our beagle developed Cushing's Disease. It got pretty severe then reversed into Addison's Disease. My parents, brother, sister, and I all wound up splitting the bills because it did get quite expensive. I never thought to seek help from anonymous sources on the web.

OhioTom76, Sep 18, 2012
  3. ACSAPA

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Wonderful story! Vet bills can be expensive and you hate to see an animal suffer because you are poor. Love it!

Scottyxx, Sep 19, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

Exactly!

I know I would struggle with accepting help, too, but at the same time, it's okay and totally worth it. It's a life at hand and people genuinely care. You're not asking for handouts when they're not needed.... you're trying to save a life and that makes it perfectly okay to accept some assistance.

Jessi, Sep 25, 2012
Ask a Question