Cat grooming

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by BeautifulAngel, Jun 1, 2012.

1. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

I looked all over and I didn't see another thread like this so I hope there isn't already one :/

Anyways, how often do you groom your pet? Like bathe it or comb their hair?

Also do you groom your cat yourself or do you go to a professional grooming place to get it done?

BeautifulAngel, Jun 1, 2012
  2. BeautifulAngel

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

I don't do either. My cats are capable of grooming themselves and would make us all miserable trying to brush or bathe them. The only time I bathe my cats is when one of them has made a mess that they can't clean themselves. And neither of my cats will sit still long enough for me to brush them even though I know it would help with the shedding.

HappyRocinante, Jun 1, 2012
  3. BeautifulAngel

Mystique Well-Known Member

Snowy is short-haired cat so I hardly bathe her, probably once in a few months. As for Azzario, I have only given him a bath once and it was because he made such a mess of himself. I don't send them to an animal spa because it's a waste of money.

Mystique, Jun 3, 2012
  4. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

I agree with you here, cats usually clean themselves, plus I find animals spa's charge way too much. Cat's are small and barely need bathing, plus it's pretty basic and easy so I don't see why you'd need to bring them to a spa unless you like to pamper your cat and all.

BeautifulAngel, Jun 4, 2012
Ask a Question