Cat Mats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

I recently bought a cat grooming mat for my cats grooming needs, and it worked quite well. Has anyone else had a good experience when they used cat grooming mats for their cats grooming needs.

Jenny Heart, Jun 4, 2012
  2. Jenny Heart

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

No, my little ones prefer tearing up my husband’s recliner! They have a scratching post and I have bought scratching pads/mats but they still prefer his chair.I think it must have some hidden cat nip in it or something or they just like messing with him. :rolleyes: LOL!

HappyRocinante, Jun 4, 2012
  3. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the point of a cat grooming mat is? Is it just a mat for them to stand on while you brush them so the hair doesn't get everywhere? Or is it something that helps with the grooming...?

Jessi, Jun 20, 2012
  4. Jenny Heart

violino Well-Known Member

Could you please take a picture of it? I've never seen or even heard of such a thing. And it sounds great, beacause I'm a little bit fed up of grooming my devils. They don't like it very much.

violino, Jun 29, 2012
  5. Jenny Heart

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I just had a look at some cat mats on the net. Look like ordinary mats to me. So, like the others have asked already, what's so special about a cat mat?

Victor Leigh, Jun 30, 2012
  6. Jenny Heart

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I follow exactly what is being discussed here either. There are cat mats which can be used to keep the litter box area clean, some for a comfortable spot to have a cat lie in but also keep their dander etc to a minimum, or you can also have them to avoid cats scratching up the carpet where they can groom their claws so to speak. Which one are we evaluating here? I'm familiar with putting down "padding" of an extra piece of carpet in areas where cats try to dig into the carpet in the home. One of my friends her dad became so fed up with it he installed wood flooring to help the issue. I don't know how much this deterred them in the end. But they do all have scratching posts, those are probably more loved in the wood flooring household now

QuatreHiead, Jul 1, 2012
Ask a Question