DIY Cat Scratching Pole

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by shdws, Feb 23, 2013.

1. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

This is cool for anyone who wants one but can't afford it right now. I actually think these look great!

http://www.cattreeplans.com/

No promotion, just thought it would help.

shdws, Feb 23, 2013
  2. shdws

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

These are wicked cool!!
    Too bad I'm not much of a carpenter, I'd have to ask my dad to make one for ours. He's good about getting good products and doing all the measuring for stuff. Basically, the boring stuff. I like the "make a mess" part and the "watch the cats act crazy" part.
    It would be awful to make on of these and the cat(s) not care though. I would cry!:confused:

CinnamonKiss, Feb 23, 2013
  3. shdws

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

That is neat! When I lived at home, my dad made a very basic scratching post for Sibyl. It was basically a tall piece of wood covered in scrap carpet, but it did the job! I am grateful we didn't buy an expensive one, though, as Sibyl spent half her time ignoring it, lol.

blurinoctober, Feb 24, 2013
  4. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

Your dad sounds like a very handy guy. Maybe you can get him to make you one of these? Give him the sad puppy look, works every time.:D

shdws, Feb 28, 2013
  5. shdws

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My boyfriend made ours. It was massive for them as kittens but now, its a little bit too small. Its a tonne weight, I can barely carry it, but the funny thing is Bandit, can pull it over! If she stands on his back legs and gets his claws in he pulls over the whole thing.

The design is one of the ones with a solid base and then just a stick with no platforms.

Scottyxx, Feb 28, 2013
Ask a Question