Does your cat have a pet door?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by cluckeyo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Active Member

It only took a few days for my cat to learn to use his pet door. He puts his nose in the bottom right corner, and pushes through the flap. It was fun, watching him learn how to use it. And it has really been nice, because he can come and go as he pleases and he really likes that.

cluckeyo, Jul 1, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Valerie Active Member

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted a cat door for my cats. Yet, where I grew up was notorious for possums and raccoons. We couldn't risk something dangerous finding its way inside. Plus, the structure of the house where I lived was not very welcoming to pet doors. If we wanted to install a door, we'd have to leave open several others. It was kind of ridiculous.

Now that I live in Japan, I still can't put on a cat door. Unless I also want to keep slugs and cockroaches as pets. But I do love the idea.

Valerie, Jul 1, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

casey84 Active Member

We have both a dog and a cat, but we don't have a pet door for either of them, specifically. We just have a sliding door in our living room that goes into our backyard. Our fence is high enough that our cat can't jump it, and often times our dog and our cat will both go outside and just play in the grass, or even sunbathe for a little while! (They're like the best of friends - it's pretty cute, really!)

casey84, Jul 1, 2016
Ask a Question