Ferrel kitten domesticated - question

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by rampanther1221, Sep 14, 2024 at 3:56 AM.

1. rampanther1221

rampanther1221 New Member

Hi - I’ve had cats my entire life so I am of course a cat lover. I adopted a kitten about a year and a half ago from an animal rescue organization when it was about 3 months old. She was never social and still to this day she hides/sleeps in my dresser draw (this is her safe place), doesn’t play and when you try to play with her she gets frightened and backs away. She runs away if I try to approach her still whether laying down or kneeling down to try and pet her. I’ve never had a cat (now 2years old I guess) that is like this so I’m a little taken back. I thought she would grow out of her fears. It’s like she doesn’t like humans. Very strange. I have 5 other cats and she’s bonded with one of the other cats very well. Any advice on how I can domestic her to become trusting to humans? It’s very hard to catch her to take her to the vet or put flea prevention on her.. just looking for answers or suggestions on how you handle these types of kittens/cats
    Thanks

rampanther1221, Sep 14, 2024 at 3:56 AM
Ask a Question