Kissing/licking your cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This thread is prompted by this poor kitty gif. I'm hoping that most of you don't lick your cats. Do you ever kiss them, though?

Jessi, Nov 16, 2012
    Becky and Yolanda like this.
  2. Jessi

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

HA! That poor cat, just look at its face! I most definitely don't lick my cats but I do occasionally kiss the tops of their heads. For the most part though I just stick to petting them as a sign of affection. I really hope that girl used mouth wash after that!

msmonkeyfeet, Nov 17, 2012
  3. Jessi

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the picture doesn't work, I can't see it. I've never licked my cats and I am not planning on doing so anytime soon, LOL.
    I do pet them and I sometimes do kiss them on the top of their heads and such, but that's basicly where I draw the line. I did meet a girl once that did lick her cat. She said it was perfectly normal for the cat because they groom each other as well and that she did so to bond with her cat. No harm in it she said, cats are very clean animals. Off course I was a teenager back then and the girl in question a few years younger so I hope she was just trying to impress rather than actually believing what she said.

Yolanda, Nov 19, 2012
  4. Jessi

andrew320 Well-Known Member

I will never lick our cats at all. I will, however, give them kisses on the top of their head. They usually give me air kisses (as my fiancee calls them) throughout the day, especially if I'm lying down reading a book. This girl is just weird trying to lick her cat.

andrew320, Nov 19, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

Hahaha that poor girl. What on earth would possess her to lick her cat? I would never lick my cat. I do kiss him, but I just don't want a mouth full of fur.

steph84, Nov 20, 2012
  6. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I kiss my cat, lol.

When we are face to face, I give him a kiss on the head. As i back away, he puts his paw on my face, turns my face to face him, and proceeds to lick my chin, nose, and sometimes, lips....He's pretty attached..

Scottyxx, Nov 20, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  7. Jessi

mimisweb Member

I'll give my cat a nose-to-nose "Eskimo kiss." That's about it. Licking is a little much. They have special tongues to handle the hair, we don't! :)

mimisweb, Nov 20, 2012
  8. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

My cats get kisses on the tops of their heads. I have no idea why anyone would lick their cat?! Just to be cute on the internet, I suppose. I'm pretty sure my cats would hate me if I did that. Lol.

blurinoctober, Nov 25, 2012
  9. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah I cannot imagine licking a cat, that would be awful!

Scottyxx, Nov 26, 2012
  10. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I think she was licking the cat to get internet attention, like that stupid girl who got internet famous by sucking her used tampon. This is a lot less gross but still not sanitary. The drawn on cat whiskers make her look a little crazy.
    Anyway, when Delores is not ticked off at me or being grouchy, she does occasionally allow a kiss on the top of the head.

ACSAPA, Mar 16, 2013
Ask a Question