Medical cones/collars

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I always feel so bad for animals that have to have those cones put on their heads to prevent them from biting and chewing at an open wound.

This one looks even more miserable than usual. I wonder why they didn't get him a bigger collar?

Jessi, Sep 27, 2012
  2. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Thats hilarious, I guess I have an evil side. My little Pussington was so overwhelmed by her big cone, she kept banging into things, and couldn't eat. Bandit took advantage and would run into her and knock her over. When she was better, I put the cone on bandit, to teach him a lesson, and he couldn't even walk with the cone on haha!

Scottyxx, Sep 28, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!! Poor Bandit. Serves him right for picking on Pussington, though, huh?

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah gotta teach him! It was hilarious, I felt so bad for him! He just started walking backwards, then flipped over and just lay there, defeated. If he ever has to get some kitty work done, I worry about him haha.

Scottyxx, Sep 30, 2012
  5. Jessi

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

Awww, that poor cat looks so uncomfortable, we have just had Mia spayed and she hated the collar, it lasted all but 5 seconds when we decided to take it off and leave her without, she was much happier and hasn't pulled her stitches once and her wound has healed well.

Daintipawz, Oct 4, 2012
  6. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I should keep one of these on hand whenever our cats are being bad, or when one of them is harassing the other.

OhioTom76, Oct 12, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

So you use them as discipline tools instead? Or to prevent them from fighting more, etc? Did you get one for that purpose or did you just have it leftover from a medical scenario before?

Jessi, Oct 12, 2012
  8. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

That's hilarious but kind of pitiful. Poor kitty.
    I think Pepsi would look like those evil cats in cones and Neko would just look pitiful. ):

Epicfied, Oct 13, 2012
  9. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

That is NOT a happy kitty. Although, the fact that it's standing on what looks like a snowboard makes me want to caption the photo with

LET'S DO THIS

The cone does look a little small though, but then that could be due to it having some much hair. It's very thick. I've had cats in cones before, and one of mine got stuck in a very bizarre position. He managed to tip over so the cone was standing, and he was wriggling trying to get back into a normal standing position. It was funny, but I don't think it would have been so good to be like that for a while.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 13, 2012
Ask a Question