My cat the comforter

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CrazyCatLady74, Jul 27, 2016.

1. CrazyCatLady74

CrazyCatLady74 Member

My youngest cat Olivia loves to comfort people if she senses they are upset. If she hears arguing in another room she will walk in and assess the situation and see who is the most upset and walks right over to them and starts doing what I call the pat pat (massaging the persons legs) and then rubs her face against the persons face and purrs. She especially does this to me and my son. I think that this is so awesome! It is almost like she has mothering instincts and says without words "It's okay, I'm here now. I'll make it better." I love this cat and this makes me love her even more. She is the sweetest thing in the world and I have honestly never really seen this before I got her and I have had several cats in my life time. Although, my husband and I did have a Tabby cat years ago that didn't like arguing and would get between the two people yelling. Has anyone else experienced something like this with their cat?

Attached Files:

CrazyCatLady74, Jul 27, 2016
    Neo likes this.
  2. CrazyCatLady74

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats always comfort me when I am feeling down or not feeling well. They are there to snuggle and purr and they always have a way of making me feel better. I think a lot of cats a like that. They seem to have that sense when you need them they are there. Olivia is a beauty. Thanks for sharing her picture with us. Cats are special and create a special bond with their owners. <3

Susan Brown, Aug 2, 2016
  3. CrazyCatLady74

casey84 Active Member

My cat Casey is a Snuggler when I am sad. He will meow and meow until I let him on my lap and then he just snuggles in and makes himself comfortable!

It's interesting to me how they truly do seem to have that sixth sense when you're down or upset.

casey84, Aug 2, 2016
    Susan Brown likes this.
  4. CrazyCatLady74

GeeTee Member

Rather interesting behaviour. I have never seen that before. Pets can be really sensitive to the emotions of their masters once they feel close to them, so it's not unusual to hear of them displaying some really cute tendencies. A cat keeping the peace in the home... LOL. Cute

GeeTee, Aug 2, 2016
    Susan Brown likes this.
  5. CrazyCatLady74

Neo Member

Haha, only one of my cats do this, the others won't walk up to me when I'm not in the best mood. I don't go around screaming or anything, but I will slam a door every now and then.

When I do that, my oldest cat comes to the door and start meowing, and calling me. I love it because when I open it, the others are always at the end of the hall looking my way. I find it to be funny, it's like they all get together and tell the oldest to go check on me.

I wonder if they do have those instincts.

Neo, Aug 16, 2016
    Susan Brown likes this.
  6. CrazyCatLady74

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I love this sorry. I think they do! they love you and they just want to make sure that you are okay. They pick up on the moods. The older one is in charge. Cats are so special. I can't imagine my life without them. They are always there for me no matter what.

Susan Brown, Aug 17, 2016
Ask a Question