Persian grooming

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gina1975, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Gina1975

Gina1975 New Member

Hi! We are the proud owners of two very adorable and floppy Persians. My male loves to groom himself. My female not so much. I realize they're young (2 months old). Her feet are stinky like poo and she has had some dingleberries. I washed her feet but she still smells like poo. Is there any advice and Persian owners or anybody can give me? I welcome all grooming tips so I can keep these beauties in beautiful shape. Thank you!!

Gina1975, Jul 2, 2024
  2. Gina1975

Eva Active Member

They’re super young and will get it together in time . At least it sounds like they’re purrfect with the litterbox - congratulations!!! My go to remedy for dingleberried or dirty butt is just a half bath in nothing but warm water … you can cut the hair around the anus ( very gently) and that may stop a lot of the issues. As far a pee pee on the paws go - do you know about Crystal litter ? You can literally leave it six months without changing . It dries out and there’s absolutely no smell. Yes it’s a lot more expensive initially but if you can find a Walmart a bag is 12,99 I guess . I usually buy three or four because with three cats I have three litter boxes and one in the car . I throw out the old litter rinse the box and go from there . Six months no odor clean paws happy cats .

Eva, Jul 4, 2024
Ask a Question