Please help.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cosmo, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

Hello. I’m new to experiencing cat behavioural problems. I’ve had my senior cat, Oscar, about 14 years. He was raised around dogs, ferrets, kids and people. Never a problem. (Just for full disclosure, Oscar HATED the ferret. Lol) Oscar made a lot noise if Molly got too close, but they never fought. A few months ago, my son found a cat. We called him Cosmo. I would estimate his age at 1 year. He was not a feral cat. He used the litter box, cuddled, politely waited for food but was a rambunctious. In the beginning, Cosmo would jump on Oscar or me playfully but became aggressive and drew blood every time. I’ve been trying to teach him how to play with me more appropriately and have had 90% success. I’ve had to separate the cats unless under my direct supervision. I can’t leave them in within sight or it’s a full-on brawl. Cosmo stalks and viciously attacks Oscar every time. How do I improve on my success when playing with Cosmo and begin to bridge the gap between Oscar and Cosmo?

Cosmo, Jun 14, 2024
Ask a Question