What's the weirdest place your cat has slept?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by cocolgooh, Feb 28, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgooh Member

I think all cats love to sleep in weird places from the cats I've owned! My current cat's favorite sleeping place is inside a pillow case, while one of her brothers (that I had as well) used to love to sleep on the top of the kitchen cabinets. Another of their brothers used to sleep in (or on when he became too big) an old shoe. It *had* to be the left shoe, or he'd hound you until you got the left one out for him! The older cat I used to have (she was about 18 or so when she sadly passed away a few years ago) used to sleep wrapped around the leg of my bed!

Do any of your cats sleep in strange, or specific, places?

cocolgooh, Feb 28, 2016
  2. cocolgooh

morgoodie Member

One of my cats used to sleep in a box on top of my dresser. I ended up putting a towel in there for him to be a little more comfortable. My other cat liked to sleep on my pillow with me and sometimes I would wake up with him on my head. I loved it when they would snuggle with me to sleep.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  3. cocolgooh

KittyReeves Member

My one cat loves to sleep underneath of my bed, and I don't know why. She will also sleep on the arm of an arm chair. Not on the seat of the chair, but flopped over the arm of it. I used to have a cat that would sleep behind the fridge. We finally blocked off where she was getting in, because it was worrying us that she kept sleeping behind there. So she started to sleep on TOP of the fridge instead as revenge, haha.

KittyReeves, Feb 28, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  4. cocolgooh

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

One of my cats like to sleep on my pillow or in a box that is half his size lol He creams himself in it. My other car like to either climb under the blankets or if there are clothes on the floor he likes to sleep under them. If we leave out jacket on a chair he will climb into the sleeves or into our backpacks.

Susan Brown, Feb 28, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  5. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

In my cupboard lost away in the clothes. Anytime I left my cupboard doors open and anyone came to the house, the cat would go missing and I later found out he would be in the cupboard for hours some of which would have been spent sleeping. A few times when I did not fully understand what was happening, I would panic thinking he had escaped and ran into the wild. Then he got older and slept out and that was the beginning of the end.

Anne, Feb 28, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  6. cocolgooh

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob loved to sleep on a tree. Yes, he did that back then when he was a little boy, we had a peach tree that hadn't developed as it should, so we placed a folded blanket there for the cat to relax and he did!

Trellum, Mar 5, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  7. cocolgooh

CrazyCatLady74 Member

The weirdest place my baby grey (Olivia) has slept is in the bathroom sink. She can fall asleep just about anywhere. Out of my three cats she has to be the most entertaining. She even likes to play hide and seek with me and my kids. Here is a picture of her in my kids bathroom sink.
    100_3959.JPG

CrazyCatLady74, Mar 5, 2016
    kdb890 and cocolgooh like this.
  8. cocolgooh

stillsmallworld.com Member

My youngest cat, Betty White, and also my most skittish of cats, will sometimes fall asleep behind my big screen tv. She will run back there if she hears anyone near the front door, and she'll stay there so long that she'll take a nap. Or, sometimes she will sleep in between the inside shower curtain liner and the shower curtain.

stillsmallworld.com, Mar 5, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  9. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

@CrazyCatLady74, as my picture will show my Twinkle loved the sink to relax. I don't know if he ever went to sleep there. I think he had a few naps in the bidet.

Anne, Mar 13, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  10. cocolgooh

CrazyCatLady74 Member

I saw the picture of your cat but did not put it together he was in the sink, LOL. I love it! So, I guess I can say my kitty isn't the only one that does this. I know one thing she does not like it when the sink is wet. She tests it to see if it is and quickly jumps off the sink in a hurry if it she feels any water on her paws. Cats can be some great entertainment I must say. I have three cats and they are all clowns.

CrazyCatLady74, Mar 13, 2016
    cocolgooh and Anne like this.
  11. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

My boy is gone...round about this time more than a year and half or so ago I found him. He didn't like the water either. God knows I miss him. He was a real delight.

Anne, Mar 13, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  12. cocolgooh

nytegeek Member

My cat sleeps with the pit-bull, but she well sleep other places to. She will drag a particular garment for seemingly random reasons out of the laundry basket. She will pull it into the dining room and sleep on it under the table. I find her on the coffee maker sometimes, and I have to take precautionary measures to keep her off of my laptop even if it is off. She has a weird foot obsession too and loves anybodies dirty socks.

nytegeek, Mar 25, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  13. cocolgooh

kdb890 Member

My current cat, Columbus, likes to sleep pretty much anywhere. Bags, boxes, the bed, and the couch mostly. He likes to sleep on things, in things, and under things. He likes to sleep on my pillow with me at night and sometimes I'll wake up with him on top of me. He especially likes laying in spots where my boyfriend was previously sitting, and oftentimes steals his seat when he gets up (though he has never done it to me).

kdb890, Apr 27, 2016
  14. cocolgooh

Novelangel Active Member

I have limited storage space in my apartment, so I have one corner that I use as an extra storage area. Within that corner is a pile of blankets and other things we are not using right now. There is also an old lamp shade in there. My girl likes to crawl in through the top of that lampshade and curl up for a snooze on top of all those comfy blankets. When I can't locate her, I just go to that corner and peek inside the lampshade and that's where I'll usually find her. My mom has a cat who likes to sleep in her dirty laundry basket. When she can't find him she just looks in the hamper and that's where he'll be, burrowed into the clothes with just his eyes peeking out.

Novelangel, May 22, 2016
  15. cocolgooh

Valerie Active Member

Gosh, my cats have slept in some weird places. When I was a little kid, my mom's cat, Wicket, loved sleeping in the downstairs bathtub. It was always kind of a shocker in the morning when getting ready for school and pulling back the shower curtain to find that psycho staring at me. Another cat, Maxwell, liked to wriggle himself into the inside of the living room sofa. Then there is Misty who likes to climb onto the carport's rooftop and sleep up there. My guess is that the birds perching on the gutters was the main draw, but now she seems to do it for the view.

Valerie, May 22, 2016
  16. cocolgooh

lisasian86 New Member

Once when I was young we had 2 kittens and they slept everywhere. We have a photo of one of them asleep on my then stepdads head, front legs hanging over his forehead and back legs hanging over the back of his head.

lisasian86, Jun 4, 2016
  17. cocolgooh

MER Well-Known Member

Before we got little Rosco, my wife and I spend a good 20 minutes hollering for Gemma and she never came up to us. After looking under all the beds and furniture, this little dark spot on the bed stuck between the pillows caught my eye. It's not a 'regular' or routine sleeping spot at all, but she was quite comfy all the same!.

Attached Files:

MER, Jun 6, 2016
Ask a Question